Supporting Internal HR Teams with the Power of VMS
Tuesday, August 01, 2017
Being part of a successful HR team means being adept at a wide range of skills, from recruiting hard-to-find talent to making sure your company’s employment brand shines through in all you do. Amidst these demanding, high-level duties, a large chunk of an organization’s internal HR team’s efforts can be diverted into routine, administrative tasks like managing vendors and navigating government regulations. These repetitive operations can take valuable time away from the most important mission facing your team: finding the best available talent to meet the labor demands of your organization.
VMS: A Process-Efficiency Powerhouse
And that’s where the Agile•1 vendor management system (VMS) comes in. Our VMS has been designed to automate as much, or as little, of these routine, administrative tasks as needed. This can be as simple as providing a central repository for program information that can be accessed by every employee, anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or as complex as creating customized dashboards that give each employee a bird’s eye into the unique program data they need to be effective. This flexibility means the Agile•1 VMS can provide the automation you need, when you need it, and easily adapt to whatever the future may bring.
Data, Your Way
A key argument in favor of implementing VMS software is the visibility it provides into a wide range of workforce management metrics. With a VMS, you gain access to big picture, program-wide head count and spend, as well as the ability to “drill down” into individual workers and assignments. This kind of data can give leadership an unprecedented look into the overall workforce, allowing them to make knowledge-based, strategic decisions that can dramatically affect the company’s bottom line.
Securing Stakeholder Buy-In
The first step in adding a VMS to your HR arsenal is the support of leadership and internal teams. Here are some things to keep in mind when presenting the idea of a VMS to each of these important stakeholder groups.
- Hiring Managers: Streamlined processes and easy-to-use interfaces are the way to a hiring manager’s heart. Show them that the VMS will not only help them manage their workers, but will give them more qualified talent at better prices.
- IT: Customizability and security will be their main concern. To get their support, talk change management and the ability to better secure, access, and manage worker data.
- Legal: Regulatory compliance and risk aversion are paramount with this group. Staying in compliance with all the regulations that affect your wide range of workers, probably keeps your legal team up at night. Finding out that the Agile•1 VMS can track every contingent worker, contractor, and SOW worker will give them the peace of mind they need to sleep a little easier.
- Finance: The financial benefits of a VMS can be significant. Calculate the potential hard and soft cost savings the company will receive once they consolidate vendors, standardize rates and streamline internal processes.
- Executives: Company leadership cares about all of these items, but they can also appreciate the value that this level of data intelligence can bring. Show them how a VMS can give them real-time, relevant data, and you are sure to get their attention.
As you can see, a well-executed VMS has benefits for every level of your organization. From your internal HR teams to executive leadership, let Agile•1 help you make the case for implementation. Our job is to support your efforts so you can focus on what you do best. We look forward to the opportunity to learn more about your needs and customize a solution that works best for your organization.